Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Old Dominion Hop Mountain Pale Ale

Here is what the Brewer says:
A rich, red ale made in the American Pale Ale style, our Pale Ale has strong hop character, medium, dry finish and floral hop aroma. 
6.6% ABV
My Thoughts:  I found this Pale Ale at a beer store back in my hometown and thought I'd give it a try.  I'll try any pale ale/IPA once!  This beer poured an amber color with a light tan foamy head that diminished quickly.  A very nice trail lacing was left throughout the drink.  The smell had a distinct caramel malt and fresh/grassy note to it.  The flavor starts out pretty malty but is followed by a very fresh earthy/grassy hop profile.  I found it very interesting how this beer took on two forms, the first half and second half.  I wish there was a way to blend these two a little better. (Even warming didn't help.)  Its not to say these flavors were bad, just they didn't seem as balanced as they could have been.  The body of the beer was medium and the carbonation was above average.  Drinkability was average.  I enjoyed it, I just didn't love it enough that I'd buy a 6-pack any time soon.  
(This beer was dated "bottled on" 12/30/10 and drank on 3/19/11.)
Serving Type: 12oz bottle
My Rating: Overall 66/100

look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25| drink: 3.25

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...