Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid

Here is what the Brewer says:
For those mornings when you have to cut right to the chase, this is the one. Sure to blast through just about anything still lingering from the night before, this mouthful of Hops and huge rich Malt has a gaurantee built right into the name! 
8% ABV 102IBU
In February I was in my friends wedding, @MrSchenker, and for a gift he got every guy a gift card to a brewpub and a 22oz bottle of beer.  Finding a bottle for everyone else was a piece of cake, but he told me that he really had to think because he wanted me to get a bottle I haven't reviewed.  He came up with Lagunias Hop Stoopid.  I have had this beer before, but only as a sample during a tasting event.  Finally the time has come to review this brew!  Thanks @MrSchenker!

My Thoughts:  This beer poured hazy darker orange with a small amount of white foamy head.  A scent of citrus and pine along with sweet malt come through pretty strongly on the nose.  The taste is very balanced.  Citrus, grapefruit, and pine hoppiness come through at first but are quickly balanced with the malt backbone.  The middle of this drink is not as hoppy as the IBUs led me to believe.  At the end this beer finishes with a  nice lingering bitterness.  The body of this beer is fuller than what I expected due to the amount of malt in this brew.  Carbonation was moderate which helped provide good mouthfeel.  The drinkability of this beer is good.  I could see myself sitting back and enjoying this brew on a warm summer evening just for something different. 

Serving Type: 22oz bottle


My Rating: Overall 77/100
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75| drink: 3.75


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...