Monday, January 10, 2011

New Holland The Poet

Here is what the Brewer says:
The Poet has a rich, smooth malt character enveloped in tones of roast and chocolate. A soft mouth-feel brings luxurious flavors and soothing aroma. Any time of year, The Poet is as versatile as it is delicious. It pairs wonderfully with earthy flavors such as mushrooms and beef, while remaining the perfect accent to any chocolate dessert.

15° Plato, Alc. 5.2% by Vol.

My Thoughts:  This beer poured very dark, almost black with very little off white head.  The smell was not very strong off this beer.  I got a hint of roasted malt, but honestly this beer had very little smell to it so I didn't know what to think it might taste like.  The taste was much sweeter than I expected and really didn't change from start to finish. I got a little bit of roasted malts, caramel malts and some dark fruit notes out of the taste,  this was an unusual oatmeal stout..  After reading that others tasted coffee and chocolate I was shocked because I didn't get that at all in this brew (I wish I did.)  Body on this beer was medium and so was the carbonation.  The brew wasn't hard to put down.  There was virtually no taste of alcohol at all, but for me the drinkability ended at one pint because nothing really made me want to drink another one.  

Serving Type: 16oz draft

My Rating: Overall 63.5/100
look: 4 | smell: 2 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | drink: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...