Monday, November 15, 2010

Pizza Port Killer Dana

Here is a little information from the Brewer:
Pizza Port Killer Dana, San Clemente, CA 
A “killer” Imperial IPA brewed with Amarillo, Centennial and Simcoe.
8.5% ABV 

My Thoughts: This Imperial IPA pored golden brown, almost copper in color, with minimal head around the rim of the glass.   The smell was strong in in a grassy and piney way thanks no doubt to the Simcoe hops used. Upon drinking this brew the Simcoe flavors of pine were still present but the Centennial hops and a malt backbone showed up as well.   I tasted some floral and citrus flavors at first but the middle flavors of this beer had a slight sweetness, caramelized malts, to it with a decently hoppy aftertaste. The high alcohol taste is masked very well by the combination of hops and malt.  This was pretty easy to drink, however I wouldn't rank it near the top of my favor Imperial IPAs because it was just a hair too sweet in terms of what I like out of an Imperial.   


Serving Type: Draft

My Rating: Overall 81/100
look: 4| smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | drink: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...