Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Green Flash Imperial IPA

Here is what the Brewer Says:
San Diego-style IPA, as it has come to be known by many, is super-hoppy, high gravity, yet highly quaffable ale. Our Imperial IPA is created in this new tradition with intense hop flavors and aromas from a unique blend of Summit and Nugget hops. It's all about the hops!
ABV: 9.4% | IBU’s: 101

My Thoughts: The color was more of a reddish brown with very very little head.  The smell had me very interested at first because I could smell a large amount of floral and piney hops.  Usually a good sign!   My initial taste was very bold and upfront with hops but quickly diminished by a malt sweetness that really took over my palate. The combination of sweet malt and a yeasty taste really made this beer somewhat unappealing.  I wanted to like it, but the more I drank the more this beer just didn't hit me like I wanted it to.   I actually couldn't quite put my finger on another taste that was hurting this beer...maybe a peppery taste to it?  Body was medium and carbonation was a little high to me.  Drinkability, well...I was not a fan of this one and I wouldn't order it again.  


Serving Type: Draft

My Rating: Overall 57.5/100
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | drink: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...