Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fat Head's Goggle Fogger Hefeweizen

Here is what the Brewer Says:
Traditional German styled wheat beer served unfiltered. Hazy straw colored beer that hints at banana and clove complexity as all HefeWeizens do. This thirst quencher drinks so easy it may fog your goggles.
5.0% abv 18 ibu

My Thoughts:  I'll start this by saying this is not my favorite style of beer (Hefeweizen), I'll still looking for one to really fall in love with.  This version poured a cloudy yellow with a hint of orange.  There was a slight white thick foamy head to it.   The smell is as advertised, cloves and banana and I also smelled a lot of yeast too.  The beer smelled really good.  The taste was as I'm used to with a Hefeweizen, I could taste the wheat, banana and just a hint of the clove.  It also had a sweetness to it which I couldn't quite nail down as to what it was, but it was the final lingering taste left in my mouth.  The body of this beer medium and a little creamy.  The carbonation is low in this wheat beer. As far as Hefeweizens are concerned I think if you like this style of beer the Google Fogger will be right up your ally.  For me...I'll take a Head Hunter any day over this one, but it was 100% worth a try!


Serving Type: Draft

My Rating: Overall 70/100
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | drink: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...