Monday, November 29, 2010

Great Lakes Quitness

Here is what the Brewer Says:
A dry hopped India Pale Ale that is sure to be as bitter as the mood of Cleveland these days! 
ABV: 7.5%  ABW: 6.0%  
IBU: Immeasurable (If I had to guess... 70ibu.)

My Thoughts: So I learned that this beer was not at all brewed specifically for anything Lebron related.  In fact it was a brew they had, that didn't have a name.  Then along came Lebron being a jerk and BOOM...Quitness happened.  Anyways, This beer poured a hazy orange in color with next to zero head. This beer is bitter...the floral and citrus smell was amazing and it really invited you to take a sip.  The first thing I tasted was fresh grapefruit and then a little after that the citrus flavor comes through perfectly! In the end you are left with a wonderful hoppy taste that isn't too overpowering.  A slight malt presence is there for a little body, but this is a very drinkable hoppy brew!  The body for this was medium and the carbonation was lower.  This beer is good, so good that  I wish they could bottle it.  I actually think it is better than the Commodore Perry IPA they sell.   I was informed that they are not allowed to bottle it or sell it.  The name Quitness is being "loaned" to Great Lakes.  They can only sell it on draft at the brewpub so if you want one get down there right away...as of 12/4/10 they still had some!!

My Rating: 97.25/100
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | drink: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...