Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dogfish Head Pangaea

Here is what the Brewer Says:
Brewed with ingredients from each and every continent, this is slightly spicy ale, with a mouthful of rich flavors. 
Our list of worldly ingredients includes:
  • Crystallized ginger from Australia
  • Water from Antarctica
  • Basmati rice from Asia
  • Muscavado sugar from Africa
  • South American quinoa
  • European yeast and North American maize.
  • Pangaea is released annually in the fall and is bottled in 750ml bottles.
7%ABV 28IBU

My ThoughtsFirst I have to tell you that I somehow managed to delete the picture that I took, so this picture comes to us from another Dogfish Head articleThe beer poured a very hazy orange/amber color.  The smell was a spicy ginger and it was also sweet. The brew's flavor continued to follow what my nose picked up.  Flavors were sweet, ginger, pepper, and a yeasty flavor all come out from first sip to the last.  The body was light and the carbonation was a little stronger, but not overpowering.   I didn't mind having one of these but at the end of the beer I was glad to move on.  The ginger was a little too over the top for my tastes and so was the yeasty characteristics.  

My Rating: Overall 62.25/100
Look-3.5   Smell-3.5   Taste-3   Feel-3   Drink-2.75

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...