Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Great Divide Brewing Co. Hibernation Ale

Here is what the Brewer says:
Hibernation Ale has been our celebrated winter tradition since 1995. This robust, dry-hopped ale has a malty richness balanced with a complex hop profile and hearty, warming character.  8.7%ABV

My Thoughts:  This beer poured a dark brown/amber color and was pretty clear.  The head was minimal and went away rather quickly.  A sweet, roasted smell immediately invites to you have a sip of the brew.  The first taste is rich and sweet, but not too sweet.  Brown sugar, caramel, and nutty all were flavors that lasted throughout this very drinkable brew.  The best part for me was how they integrated the hops with these flavors.  The second half of this drink introduced some hop bitterness which I really think rounded out this winter warmer.  The bitterness is so well done that my girlfriend who hates bitter beers enjoyed her sip of mine enough to order her own one!  The body on this beer was medium with a lower carbonation level, both were done perfectly for this brew.  I wouldn't hesitate to get this again because I really did appreciate how well they put this mildly sweet and somewhat hoppy winter brew together!

My Rating: Overall 85.25/100
Look-4.25  Smell-4.5  Taste-4.25  Feel-4  Drink-4.25

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...