Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What I'm looking forward to at Blues & Brews

The Brewer's list for Blues & Brews has been out for a while now, but as of last night the site was updated to show a large selection of the actual beers that will be available at the event this Saturday.   Although the list is not 100% complete,  I'm going to share with you what I'm most looking forward to sampling at the Blues & Brews based on what I see on the list so far.

Here are the brews I'm most looking forward to in the Brewer's Circle. (In no particular order)
Widmer Brothers--Pitch Black IPA,
Widmer Brothers--Galaxy Hopped Barleywine Ale
Jackie O's--Dark Aparition
Jackie O's--Hogwash
Weasel Boy--Bourbon Barrel Aged Anastasia Russian Imperial Stout
Ohio Brewing--O'Hoppy Alternative Amber
Elevator--"Big Vic" Imperial Mogabi Wheat IPA
Samuel Adams--Maple Pecan Porter
Great Lakes--Pub Rye of Tiger
Great Lakes--Grand Cru
Thirsty Dog--Bourbon Barrel Aged Siberian Night
Thirsty Dog--Bourbon Barrel Aged Wee Heavy
Thristy Dog--Bourbon Barrel Aged 12 Dogs of Christmas Ale
Thirsty Dog--All 6 fruit cask conditioned variations of Whippet Wheat

Most of these brews are ones I've never had before, and a few I've had only once and really loved them.  I'll take this chance to sample as many of these as I can!


Here is what I'm most looking forward to outside of the Brewer's Circle from the Featured Ohio Breweries. (In no particular order.)
Chardon Brew Works--Pride of Geauga Maple Porter
Chardon Brew Works--Christmas Ale
Chardon Brew Works--Working Man Pale Ale
Hoppin' Frog--DORIS Double Imperial Stout
Maumee Bay--IPA
Maumee Bay--Total Eclipse Breakfast Stout
Ohio Brewing Company--Maple Porter
Rust Belt Brewing Co--McPoyles Milk Stout

I picked these particular beers mostly because I have never tried them before.  Sure there are others that I totally love (Like Willoughby Brewing Hop Jam), but since I can get these pretty often, I might pass on them because there are so many locals I still have not tried!

Finally, Here is what I'm most looking forward to from the other brewers in attendance (In no particular order.)
Dark Horse--Fore Smoked Stout
Erie Brewing--Misery Bay IPA
Fort Collins--Chocolate Stout
Lost Coast-- Indica IPA
Meantime-- IPA
Rochfort--Rochefort 10
Samuel Adams--Simcoe Single-Hop IPA
Samuel Adams-- Hallertau Mittelfrueh Single-Hop IPA
Stone--Old Guardian Barleywine Vintage 2009
Tommyknocker--Hop Strike Black IPA

I know I've left a TON of good beers off this list, but after looking over how many Brewer's Circle Beers and Ohio Beers I plan to sample, I'm not sure where the rest of the day will take me.  Either way, I have a full day of sampling amazing beers planed.  If I sample 1 of everything I listed that will be a total of 37 samples!  I'll let you know how I do in my post event recap.  I hope to see many of you there because I'd love a chance to talk about these beers with you!

Also, I'd love to know what beers you are most looking forward to if you are attending the event.  Post your top 5 or 10 in the comments!

If you want to check out the full list for yourself check out the Blues N Brews Website.

Join us for our Cleveland Craft Beer Community Meet up at the event, for details Click Here!
__________________________________________
OK...so this post continues with an additional list.  I wanted to include some amazing brews that will be there that you should not miss, especially if you have never tried them before.  I've tried all these brews previously, some on many occasions, and really like them.

Brewer's Circle Beers:
Willoughby: Hop Jam Black Rye IPA
Goose Island: Nightstalker
Left Hand: Milk Stout Nitro

Featured Ohio Breweries:
Cellar Rats Brewery: Ratsberry Porter (Let it warm a bit first)
Great Lakes Brewing : Burning River Pale Ale & Commodore Perry IPA
Hoppin' Frog:  Turbo Shandy Citrus Ale
The Brew Kettle Production Works: White Rajah
Thirsty Dog Brewing : Siberian Night, Barktoberfest &12 Dogs of Christmas Ale
Willoughby Brewing : Moonshadow IPA & Peanut Butter Cup Coffee Porter

Other Breweries:
Bells: Java Stout
Dogfish Head: Indian Brown Ale
Epic: Sour Apple Saison
Flying Dog: Gonzo Imperial Porter
Founders: Centennial IPA
Goose Island: Dominique
Green Flash: Hop Head Red
Ithaca: Flower Power IPA
Looking Glass: Mojo IPA
North Coast: Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
North Peak: Vicious Wheat IPA, Diabolical IPA & Wanderer Session IPA
Sierra Nevada: Torpedo
Victory: Hop Wallop

I hope these lists help you to have a wonderful Blues & Brews experience!  Cheers!

Be sure to check out Bobby Likes Beer's take on the Beer too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...