Monday, April 18, 2011

Three Floyds Arctic Panzer Wolf - Review #115

Here is what the Brewer says:
A massive IPA that will leave your palate it’s hapless victim. Scorched earth is our brewery policy. 
100IBU 9%ABV
My Thoughts: 
This brew poured a murky golden orange with minimal white foamy head.  The nose of this beer is very strong.  Massive amounts of sweet grapefruit come through along with some other citrus notes like orange and mango.  The flavor starts a little different than what I expected after smelling it.  The orange, apricot, and mango citrus flavors come through at first and is then followed mid/late drink by strong sweet grapefruit bitterness.  At the very tail end some malt sweetness also comes into play, but the dominate flavor that lingers is the grapefruit bitterness.   The mouthfeel of this beer is a thin but it is well carbonated which gives a bubbly mouthfeel throughout.  Drinkablity of this brew is very high.  The abv is hidden well and this beer is easy to drink for a hophead.  I thoroughly enjoyed sipping in this beer and enjoying its fresh bitterness. If I can't get my hands on a Dreadnaught, hand me an Arctic Panzer Wolf anytime.
Serving Type: 22oz bottle
My Rating: Overall 95.75/100
Look: 4.75 | Smell: 4.75 | Taste: 4.75 | Feel: 4.75| Drink: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...