Friday, March 4, 2011

Fat Head's Imperial Head Hunter

Here is what the Brewer says:
A bigger version of our award winning Head Hunter IPA.  More Hops, more malt, more alcohol, more DANK!  9.7% ABV 100IBU
Fresh on tap at Fat Head's
My Thoughts:  The beer poured a hazy orange-amber color with a little head both on draft and out of the growler a day late.  Both pours ended up leaving nice lacing throughout. The smell contained significant amounts of grapefruit, orange and pine.  The smell was very appealing right from the start.  The flavor followed the nose very closely, both citrus and grapefruit hops come out of the gates very quickly and are joined mid-drink by the flavor of pine hops.  From start to finish this beer is very well balanced.  It starts out very hoppy and finishes at the same level of hoppiness, but adds a bit of caramel malt flavor which gives it a little extra body.   The lasting flavor of citrus hops and a mild sweetness linger on until you are ready for your next sip.  The mouthfeel on this beer is excellent. The beer has a light-medium body and carbonation. It remains smooth and balanced throughout, and I never felt like my mouth was drying out on the back end. Drinkability for me is very good.  If this came bottled I'd buy it (I did bring a growler home because I really did enjoy it.)   Although this beer was very, very good, it wasn't quite as good as Head Hunter in my opinion.
Serving Type: 10oz Snifter at Fat Heads and at home out of Growler

My Rating: Overall 94.50/100
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75| drink: 4.75

Poured at my house out of a growler

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...