Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Horny Goat Hopped Up N' Horny

Here is what the Brewer says:
Rich in amber hue colored beer utilizing classic American Cascade hops in the kettle and dry hopped in the stage tank. A balanced malty bodied beer with a pleasant hop bite and hoppy aroma, this will leave your mouth just dry enough to ask for another, and another…
5.3% alc/vol

My Thoughts:  This beer poured a orange/amber in color with minimal head, but good lacing.  The smell was of  sweeter malt, honey, and honestly very little hops. The taste unfortunately follows the nose and actually gets less hoppy.  I know this is an American Pale ale, but with a name like Hopped up N' Horny I expected something somewhat hoppy.  The first taste is carbonation and sweet malt.  Mid-drink you are still tasting the sweet malt and a hint of citrus hops come in that are helped by the carbonation.  The aftertaste was no better.  The beer goes down watery and doesn't leave a pleasant taste in your mouth.  Body was like water and carbonation was somewhat high.  Drinkability for me was as low as it gets.  Either I had a bad bottle of beer, or this beer is simply an overly sweet, overly carbonated, watered down pale ale.

Serving Type: 12oz bottle

My Rating: Overall 17/100
look: 3.75 | smell: 1 | taste: 0.5 | feel: 0.5 | drink: 0


A side note to readers.  This bottle had no "Bottled On" date.  I have a strong feeling this could have been well past its prime in terms of freshness.  This is my case in point behind my post on why "All brewers should date their bottles".


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...