Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Breckenridge Lucky U IPA

Here is what the Brewer says:
We like to think this is an ale for everyone who believes you make your own luck. We sure did. And the result is a well-balanced, soulful IPA with just the right amount of hoppiness. An even keeled ale that goes down clean and refreshing, but still lets you know it’s been doted on by the Brewmaster. It's true to it’s IPA heritage, but also highly drinkable. Lucky U. And we seriously mean that.
ABV 6.2% 68 IBU
My Thoughts:  This brew poured a very hazy yellow/orange color with significant head that quickly went away but lacing remained throughout.  The smell is very floral with a hint of citrus and also some sweet roasted malt.  The initial flavors are the roasted malts and it starts out a little sweet for an IPA.  This does change however mid drink as the floral hops start to kick in to balances that initial surge of sweetness.  The end leaves you with a slight bitter note, but not as prominent as I would have hoped for out of an IPA.  All that being said the beer remained drinkable and the 6.2% ABV never really was noticed at all because of the sweet initial surge and the bitter end.  Mouthfeel was slightly thicker than your usual IPA and carbonation was average.   I could see myself having two of these, but I don't see myself running out to buy a 6-pack for my home bar.
Serving Type: Draft 

My Rating:  Overall 72.5/100
Look:3.75  Smell:4  Taste:3.5  Feel:3.5  Drink:3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...