Monday, November 8, 2010

Stone 10-10-10 Vertical Epic Ale

I had this to kick off my 2010 Cleveland Beer Week at the Winking Lizard tapping.  This is a limited brew you so better get your hands on one now, or else your chances of having it are slim. This is a Belgian Strong Pale Ale.

Here is what the Brewer Says: "Stone 10.10.10 Vertical Epic Ale is mighty tasty right out of the gate. Fermented with the legendary Ardennes strain of Belgian yeast, 10.10.10 is a Belgian Strong Pale Ale brewed with pale malt and triticale (a cross of wheat and rye), hopped with German Perle hops, and steeped with chamomile during the whirlpool stage. In secondary fermentation, we added a juice blend of Muscat, Gewurztraminer, and Sauvignon Blanc grape varieties. The wine grapes came from Temecula’s South Coast Winery, located about 30 miles north of our brewery."
My Thoughts: This beer poured a somewhat hazy yellow orange with no head.  The smell was sweet, almost like white wine!  I felt this beer was very complex in its taste...almost to its fault.  Hops, Malt, Yeast and what seemed to be almost a cider type taste.   The more I drank it...please don't hate me...the more I thought it tasted like a cider beer.  Mouthfeel was light and carbonation was high.  I liked it once, but I honestly wouldn't order it again...it is worth trying once because of its limited release.

Serving Type: Draft


My Rating: Overall  31.5/100
look: 4 | smell: 2 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | drink: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...