Monday, November 8, 2010

Rooster Fish Hop Warrior Imperial IPA

Here is what the Brewer says:
This is the big boy! 120 IBU, lots of maltiness and 8.7 + ABV! A very tasty full flavored ale, our most popular. It has earned the tag line - "Watch out, the Warrior will get you!" 
OG 1.081    TG 1.015    Color 14.68  IBU 120.2  ABV 8.7%
My Thoughts: I was so excited to try this beer after hearing good things about it and since Rooster Fish ran out of beer at Brewzilla 2010.  This beer was dark in color with a normal/medium head.  The smell was pleasant...hoppy, fresh, a little grassy.  My first taste of this was super hoppy and I loved it being a hop head.  As I continued to drink the 22oz bottle that I got from Heinen's the beer seemed to wear on me a bit.   I think the amount of malt used to add some sweetness/body to counterbalance the hops is what caused this.   At 120IBU I expected it to be more of a hop assault, but I was left with an overall malty taste which took away from that high IBU rating that Rooster Fish claims.   Both body and carbonation were a light higher.  This brew is 100% worth trying, but drinking 2 of these back to back would be a little much considering it is a Double IPA in terms of hops and ABV with considerable malt sweetness.  

Serving Type: 22oz Bottle


My Rating: Overall 74.25/100
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | drink: 3.25

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...