Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Blues and Brews 2012 Beer Guide

Whenever I attend a large scale craft beer event, I always like to look over the list ahead of time.  I do this so I can come up with some sort of game plan for the day.  The brewery and beer list for Blues and Brews came out really late this year and the list is still not complete as of today. That being said, we know that Blues an Brews will end up having over 200 different beers available. So, I do have to be picky about what I drink because I can't try them all!  This list is not a "best of", but more of my personal plan for the day based on the information we have!  If more beers and breweries are added after I post this, I'll try to update the list up to the day of the event! Cheers!

**Updated at 3:05pm on 7-25 when the complete beer list was finished.

Brewer's Circle:
  • Columbus: Barrel Aged Uncle Rusty
  • Elevator: Bully Goat Barrel Aged Red Ale
  • Jolly Pumpkin: Luciernaga
  • Nogne O: Terrapin Rye Porter
  • Ohio: Barrel Aged Twice Bitten 
  • Thirsty Dog: Barrel Aged Orthus, Barrel Aged Wee Heavy with Habanero, Mixed Breed Sour, 24-month-old Barrel Aged 12 Dogs of Christmas Ale
  • Victory: The surprise beer!
  • Willoughby: Cask Conditioned Wenceslas Christmas Ale
Featured Ohio Brewer's:
  • Columbus: Big Frank Belgian IPA
  • Fat Heads: Sunshine Daydream
  • Jackie O's: Hop Ryot, Meigs County Black, Java the Stout
  • The Brew Kettle: Red Eyes Double Red IPA
  • Thirsty Dog: Barrel Aged Siberian Night, Barrel Aged Cerberus, Barrel Aged Wee Heavy, cask conditioned Whippet Wheat featuring Raspberry, Mango, Cherry, Pineapple and Chocolate, Cask Conditioned Coffee Porter
  • Willoughby: Wenceslas Christmas Ale, Hazy Days American Wheat
  • Wooster: Wooster Paver Pale Ale, Wayne County Cream Ale, Foreign Stout, Wooster Red
The "Other Brewer's" Category is a tough one because I've already tried most of what is on the list, so I don't see myself spending a ton of time in that area.  Some notable brews that I saw on that list were:

Other Breweries:
  • Bruery: Mischief, 4 Calling Birds
  • Dogfish Head: Burton Baton Oak Aged IPA
  • Freigeist: Abraxxxas Smoked Sour Wheat, Hoppeditz
  • Goose Island: Lolita
  • Jolly Pumpkin: Calabaza Blanca, Bam, Oro de Calabaza
  • Widmer: Russian Raspberry Imperial Stout
Again, I left a lot of great beers off of my list today simply because I've had them before and can easily get them again around town.  The focus of this list is to try "New to Me" brews and also the ones that we can't get as easy around Cleveland.  

Blues and Brews at Lock 3 in Akron July 28th
Brewer's Circle Admission: 12-6pm $60 Advance Purchase $65 At Door Brewer's Circle Ticket Includes: Lunch, Special Bourbon Barrel Beers and Specialty Brews From Selected Brewers 
General Admission: 2-6pm $40 Advance Purchase $45 At Door
Designated Driver Admission: 2-6pm $15 At Door Includes Lunch

If you are interested in buying tickets to the event just Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...