Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Great Lakes Brewing Engine 20 Pale Ale

Beer Review #133
Here is what the Brewer says:
My Thoughts:  This Great Lakes Pub Exclusive beer poured a very hazy orange with minimal head.  The smell was dominated by smoke.  I could detect a mild hop and malt sweetness, but I really couldn't get much smell beyond the smoke.    The taste mirrored the smell, just in a little different order.  Initial taste brings a mild hop bitterness, but is quickly covered up by the smoke flavor that was quite strong mid-drink.  The after taste does bring in a mild lingering hop bitterness, but I still couldn't get past the amount of smoke flavor that went into this brew.  The mouthfeel is creamy and sticky with a medium body and slightly above average carbonation.   Drinkability for me was one and done.  I couldn't put down another pint of this brew and had to drink about a half a pint of water to try to rinse out the smokey flavor that remained with me. 

Serving Type: 16oz Draft
My Rating: Overall 62/100
Look:4 | Smell:3 | Taste:3 | MouthFeel:3 | Drinkability:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...